Saturday, July 25, 2009

Walter Cronkite: Remembering a fella that got the JOB done.....

This post is long overdue considering Mr.Cronkite died July 17th,2009 in New York City.Born in St.Joseph,MO November 04,1916 ... where he lived in Kansas City until the age of 10, then moved to Houston(TX) to do his schooling and attend University, he became known to many viewer's of the News as...."the most trusted man in America". And no doubt why... I mean...I am 53 year's old...and I grew up knowing tele news as "Walter Cronkite" the so called "Anchorman" of the "CBS Evening News". The term after all "anchorman" was created based on him.

I mean...what hasnt this guy covered when he was on the job, whether it was as tele anchorman or any other coverage he was doing? From covering World War 2 bombing's, to the Nuremberg Trial's, JFK, Watergate, Viet Nam, Moon landing's, Shuttle Mission's, even the first American tele broadcast of the Beatles. Kind of like a living walking/talking encyclopedia I reckon. But he is a figure that I cant never forget and who I listened to regularly over the year's. Damn good at what he done and loved! And served this country well in this respect.

I just wanted to post this space in his memory ........

No comments: