Monday, April 26, 2010

TASTE OF TEXAS: PART 2 .... "Big Bend National Park and Country" ....

The last posting about the "Texas Bat Cave's" in part inspired this lil series I will start here called "Taste of Texas" .... so the bat cave's is "part one". And all this will be is post's featuring different part's of Texas, a few event's or whatever else pop's up.

This posting feature's "Big Bend National Park" and countryside ...kind of south by southwest, as far as location in the state. The music here was done by the legend composer, singer, guitarist Jose Feliciano, and is called "Malaguena" .... and what a fine guitar piece this is, this guy's guitar work is in a class of it's own!



Texas Big Bend National Park- One Day In the WEST ... Thanx to 522DRWAGON






****************************************************************************

6 comments:

Tim said...

Nice Country Ehh..
As part of my new hobby I'm going to be taking Pictures and posting them on my blog. I'm not sure how yet but am tinking about it..
I love Art..

Ranch Chimp said...

Sound's good Mr.Tim! I am alway's telling folk's of the beauty of New York .... folk's that never been to New York seem to have a stereotype view of it here in Texas especially, thinking of it as all building's, skyscraper's too crowded,etc,etc. Actually only a small fraction is like that, most of New York has an abundance of natural beauty, mountain's, stream's of clear water and nature. My earliest hunting was in New York State.

Later Guy ...........

Tim said...

RC
Sorry I should have mentioned that their closing most of the state Parks.
Governor says no money available.

Infidel753 said...

Spectacular country. Looks damn hot.

What's with the sign about "If you see a lion"? They don't have lions running around out there, surely?

Ranch Chimp said...

Mr.Infidel: "It look's hot" ? That's a rather odd statement .... having been in these area's quite a bit myself.... Perhap's you based that on the photo's of the people dressed in t-shirt's etc.,but if you never been there it's understanding. In other word's ... most of the "green" is green that is year round, it is kind of semi arid, low humidity, so it actually look's similar whether it's a 25 degree day in january or a 95 degree day in august. Just a few month's ago it had a couple feet of snow, actually more than Portland(OR)probably got. Actually it is much hotter in southern California, western Arizona, and southern Nevada, than anywhere's in Texas (yes, I lived and been in all of them and hunted in these area's as well). As far as the "lion sign's" ... I dont recall them, they could be a "joke"(humor), but I wouldnt take it light hearted myself, after all, the US also tries to preserve these park's to stay as "natural" at possible, I would figure. I wouldnt be any more worried than I would living deep in the Hollywood Hill's of Los Angeles, where wild animal's of such could show up on your property, or a bear at some other area, perhap's Yosemite. June,July and August, are hot month's in this area, temp's are usually in the upper 90's and dry, exception of rainy day's.

Ranch Chimp said...

I did stop to read the "lion" sign .... NO .... it IS NOT a "joke" .... and Yes .... there may be lion's around.