Friday, January 8, 2010

"JOE CHRIST" LINHART (PT.1) .... A MEMORIAL and HOMAGE ....

   


***** ATLANTA CREATIVE LOAFING: R.I.P. shock artist Joe Christ Linhart (1057- 2009) ...



***** THE AUSTIN CHRONICLE: A Regular Joe: The Revelations of Filmmaker Joe Christ ... (10 October 1997 interview with Joe)



This ...trust me ....is the last item I wanted to post in this journal. But I knew I was going to have to sooner or later ... so I will here. This included also in the "RCJ MUSIC/ ARTS HONOUR ROLL SOCIETY" of this journal/ blog ... and Part 2 Here. ... I added a couple read links above

An ole buddy of ours from years back passed away June 21,2009 in his Atlanta Area home..... Joe. This was so disappointing to me, since our other dear and long time friend as well Greg "Spike" Guerrant just passed in August 2004.

Joe was one of the hardest working guyz I have ever met .... he was known in the underground film and music industries for his work and art piece's as well. Started his music career here in Dallas (with exception of previous work with Los Reactors, Tulsa, OK) with the band "Healing Faith" and later formed "Bigger than God" ... started his filming career with "Communion in Room 410" ... and Joe just moved around alot as well. Those who knew Joe knew the kind of fella he was ... and especially his devotion to getting the job done ... and that he sure as Hell done!! .... I love ya Guy .... but sure as Hell dont like posting this .... although I know what your response to this would be Joe, as far as death .... I'll leave it there.

I will simply mark this memorial with a song and brief video interview below, in an old weekend haunt of ours back in the early 1980's in Dallas' "Expo Park District", and one of his old songs called "Thing's I was warned about" .... Thank You Joe .....



Joe Christ and the Healing Faith- Gun In My Mouth ... Thanx to DAVID DENNARD




************************************************************************

Image result for Kelly Keys, "Joe Christ" Linhart, and Sharon Fletcher

(left to right) Kelly Keys, "Joe Christ" Linhart, and Sharon Fletcher ... Kelly had an underground record label and store in Dallas' Exposition Park District



Joe was mostly known for his movie's, although I loved his music and have of course all of it. But he was influenced strongly by the legend film maker John Waters as far as his movie's. I remember when Mr.Waters was somewhat disturbed when Joe met him ... that Joe used actual blood in his horror flick's ... to Joe it gave the audience an added touch. Joe's movie's were lampoon's on horror, organized religion, and a humorous look at the dark side of life, and just anything odd or taboo ... he was one of those fella's with a real outgoing personality, and could make a sad and depressed person laugh. But I also wanted to add a couple trailer's from film's of his here, also I want to point out that Joe does the music as well for all his film's.


"The Director Yelled Cut- Joe Christ Vol.2"- DVD Trailer ... Thanx to THEREALJOECHRIST





"That's Just Wrong" (2005) DVD Trailer ... Thanx to THEREALJOECHRIST





And one last video of Joe ( on keyboard's and vocal's ) doing "Los Reactors: Dead in the Suburbs" live in Tulsa,OK .... June of 2005 ......


Los Reactors: Dead In The Suburbs ... Thanx to THEREALJOECHRIST





************************************************************************

Image result for joe christ concert poster  Image result for joe christ bigger than god poster

************************************************************************

5 comments:

LeftyLadi said...

RC I am so sorry about your friend. Please accept my most sincere condolences. He added value to your life. I know how much it hurts to lose someone you love and care about. Take care, my friend.

Ranch Chimp said...

Thank You much Ms.Nancy ....

Anonymous said...

I wish I have met Joe Christ Linhart.Iam a big fan of his terrific/surrealistic but deep dramatic musical stuff with both Healing Faith and Bigger than God as with the great extremist art damaged punk of Los Reactors.He was a true legend,a genious of all kinds,a special and need searching personality coming from a totally different aestetically and socially era.Glad for all this mentioning here,angry with myself for didn't know for his stuff(videotapes,dvds or cds) for all these years and now are very rare.But i will try FOREVER for finding them...And I will.He for sure changed my life as with the whole American Underground in Art of the last 35 years.Thanks for all this and the great blog.A lot of love from Greece(where only but very few)care about these...

Ranch Chimp said...

Hey Anon ... Thanx for your words here on Joe. I can tell you for sure that Joe would have liked to meet you too ... trust me. Joe was a outgoing people person with a big heart, he liked to talk to everyone, regardless of their background, politics, or whatever else, and 95% guaranteed to make a sad person laugh even. Joe never wanted mainstream, he stayed in the trenches, loved living to the fullest, and put everything he had into his work (financially and otherwise), he loved to work and alwayz coming up with new ideas. As far as I know, some of his dvd's and stuff are still out there, I seen some online in past. I have Joe's stuff, but what I have is VHS format, blood red vinyl records (old stuff by todayz techs ... Joe's first stuff was on VHS). Some collages artwork went to Spike (Greg) before Joe passed, who was also close a friend of Joe and me too. Spike also passed away ... and I dont know what his sister done with some of his art from Joe, I havent been in contact with her in several years, she lives in Mountainview, CA. I believe Joe has a son in the DC area (Washington, DC). Joe was in Manila, Philippines shortly before he died as far as I know (he died back home here in America) ... he was setting up a tele station deal there(?), where he was going to be hosting some kind of underground show on like local cable access or whatever. Take care Anon ....

Anonymous said...

Thanks my nice friend for all these wonderful information about Joe Christ...You know all these nice words about him make even worse for me the fact of his loss,wondering how great it would be if he was still in life planning all this tele thing in Manila,where perhaps his whole art point of view would find an ideal place for mass expression-beyond his terrific music composing.I feel about Joe as i know him for years now,his art speaks in my (sad) heart as in general the American point of view about politics,art,cinema and even the general social lifestyle of a country where everything could be possible even through a (sometimes) complex way.I will try to find his stuff (i have the cd of Los Reactors),the ep from Bigger than God(with guitar extraordinaire Chris Spedding!) i found the Healing Faith lp here in Greece but i didn't manage to buy it due to bad timing!But the adventure about Joe Linharts' musical and cinematic parafernalia starts right now for me.Thanks for your kind supporting about him,i appreciate it heavily...Thanks for the heart of The Western Civilization(aka USA) and the whole giving in Art for all of us.The country of Greece is a really uneducated place with only very few bright things,opinions ore revolutionary ideas and views.Didn't i mention how also great and informative your blog is!