Friday, January 8, 2010

"JOE CHRIST" LINHART (PT.1) .... A MEMORIAL and HOMAGE ....






This ...trust me ....is the last item I wanted to post in this journal. But I knew I was going to have to sooner or later ... so I will here.

And ole buddy of our's from year's back passed away June 21,2009 in his Atlanta Area home..... Joe. This was not pleasant at all since our other dear and long time friend as well Greg "Spike" Guerrant just passed in August 2004.

Joe was one of the hardest working guy's I have ever met .... he was known in the underground film and music industries for his work and art piece's as well. Started his music career here in Dallas (with exception of previous work with Los Reactors, Tulsa, OK) with the band "Healing Faith" and later formed "Bigger than God" ... started his filming career with "Communion in Room 410" ... and Joe just moved around alot as well. Those who knew Joe knew the kind of fella he was ... and especially his devotion to getting the job done ... and that he sure as Hell done!! .... I love ya Guy .... but sure as Hell dont like posting this .... although I know what your response to this would be Joe, as far as death .... I'll leave it there.

I will simply mark this memorial with a song and brief interview done here in an old weekend haunt of our's back in the early 1980's in Dallas' "Expo Park" district and one of his old song's called "Thing's I was warned about" .... Thank You Joe .....



Joe Christ and the Healing Faith- Gun In My Mouth ... Thanx to DAVID DENNARD





Joe was mostly known for his movie's, although I loved his music and have of course all of it. But he was influenced strongly by the legend film maker John Waters as far as his movie's. I remember when Mr.Waters was somewhat disturbed when Joe met him ... that Joe used actual blood in his horror flick's ... to Joe it gave the audience an added touch. Joe's movie's were lampoon's on horror, organized religion, and a humorous look at the dark side of life, and just anything odd or taboo ... he was one of those fella's with a real outgoing personality, and could make a sad and depressed person laugh. But I also wanted to add a couple trailer's from film's of his here, also I want to point out that Joe does the music as well for all his film's.


"The Director Yelled Cut- Joe Christ Vol.2"- DVD Trailer ... Thanx to THEREALJOECHRIST





"That's Just Wrong" (2005) DVD Trailer ... Thanx to THEREALJOECHRIST





And one last video of Joe ( on keyboard's and vocal's ) doing "Los Reactors: Dead in the Suburbs" live in Tulsa,OK .... June of 2005 ......


Los Reactors: Dead In The Suburbs ... Thanx to THEREALJOECHRIST





************************************************************************

2 comments:

Nancy said...

RC I am so sorry about your friend. Please accept my most sincere condolences. He added value to your life. I know how much it hurts to lose someone you love and care about. Take care, my friend.

Ranch Chimp said...

Thank You much Ms.Nancy ....