Friday, May 27, 2011

"HONOR THE FALLEN" ... A 2011 Memorial Day Posting (Veteran's Spotlight PT.12)

This posting of "Veteran's Spotlight PT.12" will serve as a Memorial posting in honour of those particularly that have fallen in these two major recent war's of Iraq and Afghanistan. I have some very strong opinion's on these war's, and have one nephew and two niece's in these, but wont post anything of that ... this posting is to honour only.

While searching various link's online, I ran across this sight below that was excellent as far as info and photo's for those fallen in "Iraqi Freedom" and "Enduring Freedom" ... and just had to post this for this Memorial 2011 Tribute. And all credit to these folk's at "Honor the Fallen"!



***** "HONOR THE FALLEN" .... HONORING THOSE WHO FOUGHT AND DIED IN OPERATION'S "IRAQI FREEDOM" AND "ENDURING FREEDOM" ....



***** "VETERAN'S SPOTLIGHT" PART'S 11 THRU 1 HERE




*************************************************

4 comments:

jmsjoin said...

Thanks for this! I was surprised to talk to my sons and hear the military has nothing planned. Jim has lost 25 friends and numerous are missing limbs have TBI and or ptsd.

They all deserve accolades. Before 9/11 I feared out youth were pampered and would not step up. Boy have they ever. I better stop!

Ranch Chimp said...

The military dont have nothing planned? I figure they would have something going on for the day(?) I just thought that, that "Honor the Fallen" website done a great job with that ... when I first ran across it, I was going through those for at least an hour or so. My grandson just stopped by earlier, who just became a teen, and he of course has some idea's of enlisting too.

Good to hear your son's are well! ... and Thanx for your input here Jim ....

Commander Zaius said...

Heading out to a small ceremony at the Veteran's Park here in Columbia Sunday afternoon. It nothing big and I don't expect a crowd of people and maybe that is for the best.

Ranch Chimp said...

Howdy Bum ... Hope ya'll got decent weather there for sunday, we are having a heat wave (early summer) should be in the 90's, very windy ... I love that kind of weather though, just west of here will hit the 100's. But anywayz ... usually in the Dallas/ Fort Worth Metroplex, there is alwayz a fair sized turnout of folk's on just about anything that is veteran/ troop related it seem's. Just for the arrival's coming back alone which are many, they even gather quite a crowd at time's (not sure how it is in other cities though), in the link below to "Veteran's Spotlight PT.2" is a video (first video I believe) of one of those, and I and a veteran friend have attended 2 of these event's at DFW Intl Airport. Thanx for your word's here Bum and wishing ya'll a cool Memorial Day weekend too!

http://ranchchimpjournal.blogspot.com/2010/12/veterans-spotlight-part-2-merry.html