Wednesday, May 11, 2011

SUNGHA JUNG : "Cancion Del Mariachi", "River Flows In You", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", "Bittersweet"






For this selection for the music/ art's "RCJ Honour Roll Society" will be to salute/ honour Mr. Sungha Jung, and take a peek at some of his work. I have been following Mr. Jung since I first laid ear's on him on YouTube 3 year's ago, so this is past due as well. I actually accidentally ran across him while going through some old school Guns- n- Roses "live" vid's, and Mr. Jung happened to have a cover tune by them, then the list of cover's and various style's he done on different string's instrument's and keyboard's/ piano just captured my atencion, and of course his unique presentation's. I wanted in this case instead of doing "live" concerto/public event's to get a more raw and personal look at him simply in his home enviroment. I was of course selective here and posted my choice's, which was a tad difficult as well, because Mr. Jung especially even reconstruct's a wide variety of artist's and style's/ genre's in contemporary music.

The first 3 I selected for this post are cover's to present his unique restructuring in his vision with his personal flavour, and the 4th piece is one of his own composition's. All video's supplied by his YouTube site , Thank You! And of course, outstanding work Sir, and is why I chose him for this journal's society honour's ... Thank You ... and the Best to you in your future career and endeavor's ... you will do well! ... Enjoy! :)

RCJ MUSIC/ ART'S HONOUR ROLL SOCIETY (HERE)


1) CANCION DEL MARIACHI ... (ANTONIO BANDERAS)




2) RIVER FLOWS IN YOU ... (YIRUMA)




3) WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS ... (BEATLES/ GEORGE HARRISON)




4) BITTERSWEET ... (SUNGHA JUNG)





*************************************************************************

2 comments:

Tim said...

Hmm I commented on this but I guess it didn't come through.
This kid is way to talented.LOL
I can't imagine being that young and so gifted. I never saw this fellow before, so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Ranch Chimp said...

Hey Tim ... aint that the truth! This Guy kicks ass really ... tap into his website sometime Dude, he cover's it all!

Thanx for stopping by