Saturday, November 7, 2009

MR.STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN ...does his Texas Flood ...






There is not a snowball's chance in Hell of starting off my series of music piece's without having Mr.Stevie Ray Vaughan there. Stevie Ray has to be one of the most influential Blues artist's ever...my guess is that even BB King and Bobby Blue Bland would agree with that!Born and raised in Dallas' OC (Oak Cliff section) made it also easy for me to be able to attend his show's over the year's.He died in an air crash around 1990 ... I had the opportunity to see one of his last show's just about a few week's before his fatal end ... RIP. His style of blues on guitar and his fitting vocal's is a trademark in the industry and about as down and dirty as it get's. ... Enjoy!


Stevie Ray Vaughan- Texas Flood- Live At Montreux85 ... Thanx to PIOTER LOTER





***************************************************

2 comments:

LeftyLadi said...

What a fantastic way to start my morning! Stevie Ray and a cup of strong coffee. I've now listened to this for the third time in the last 45 minutes. Thank you Ranch Chimp for this trip down memory lane.

Ranch Chimp said...

Familiar with Stevie Ray ...heh? I have been to several of his show's here in Dallas...yep..I like blue's too.My range of musical taste's are wide...so that is why I dont post my music or entertainment like's in my profile...because it would be a nightmare for me to write about all I love...but yes...I love Stevie's crying guitar sound,and vocal's. There was an old blue's club here in Dallas back in the early 80's(Nash Street Pub), actually it was a "biker" bar, but had great blue's and Stevie played dive's like that as well.In Texas ...he is da man ...when it come's to blue's!

Thanx for stopping by and your comment's Ms.Nancy! ....