Saturday, January 28, 2012

JERRY REED: "Guitar Medley", "Guitar Man", & "Wabash Cannonball"

    
Jerry Reed



This induction into the "RCJ MUSIC/ ART'S HONOUR ROLL SOCIETY" is another past due, to honour the legend and unique self styled guitarist "Mr. Jerry Reed" . I used his song "She Got The Goldmine (I Got The Shaft)" the other day for a posting , which reminded me right there of how this man is way past due for this journal. But not for his acting or casual humour in his music, but to take a look at this man's unique guitar work. He is a fella who has created his own unconventional picking and tuning, etc ... for me in this category of his style, rhythm, and picking, he and Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin have alot in common, and I absolutely love them both ... it was a fantasy of mine to mix the 2 artist's for a picking duet composition.

But below I wanted to post a mix that showcases some of his outstanding guitar worx, and his distinctive trademark of vocal work as well. He has been as well such an inspiration to so many guitarist's over the year's ... and Thank You Jerry for it all ... Love ya Guy! Enjoy!



Jerry Reed- Guitar Medley ... Thanx to JEDXZOR





Jerry Reed- Guitar Man 1967 ... Thanx to When The Cowboy Sings





Jerry Reed Wabash Cannonball & more ... Thanx to A Country State of Mind




***************************************************************************

Image result for jerry reed concert poster     

***************************************************************************

4 comments:

Tim said...

Holy Crap, I never realized how good Reed is. Thanks man, I enjoyed that.

BBC said...

Ah, the Wabash Cannonball, love it.

Ranch Chimp said...

Yeah Tim ... Seem's like many folk's I've talked to reckonized Jerry mostly for his acting career/ movies, humour, etc. He done alot of session/ studio work as well, as do many good instrumental musician's ... you can make a good living doing session work, and alot not contractually locked in, plus you dont have to tour, which can take alot out of you. I knew a couple mjusician's who even have homemade studio's in their house, and they lay trax for mix right there and work. Jerry really kick's ass.

Good to see ya up and running Tim!

Ranch Chimp said...

I love "Wabash Cannonball" myself Billy!