Thursday, August 16, 2012

DRESDEN DOLLS: "Girl Anachronism", "War Pigs", "Missed Me (w/ Vau De Vire Society)"






This induction into the "RCJ Music/ Art's Honour Roll Society" will be to highlight an American classic duo, out of Boston ... Ms. Amanda Palmer & Mr. Brian Viglione of "Dresden Dolls" and their crew's who incorporate their aesthetic's and such into their show's. This crew/ duet is known for their show's and audience participation, I reckon kind of a following in the tradition of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" following from year's back in a sense. But this crew is alot more than just stage show and/ or theatric's when it come's to composition and music, both musician's being very well rounded music wise and versatile as far as genre's ... although they fall into what is called "dark cabaret" and self described as "Brechtian Punk Cabaret" ... their flavour is unique in it's own. They worked with some large crew's such as "Nine Inch Nails" as far as bill's (and I'm a long time fan of Trent Reznor's work as well), but this crew is more of a theatre type crew that should be in a particular type venue specifically for the type of theatric's and setting/ mood.

I managed to decide on a few favourite's which was hard to decide because of how much I like of their music, but wanted to add 2 piece's of "live" work as well, to show some of the intense performance of this crew ... and what an excellent cover done of the Black Sabbath piece War Pigs, unlike any other version I have heard of it. Great work from ya'll and Thank You! ... Enjoy! ....



***** THE DRESDEN DOLLS (Official Website)



***** "RCJ MUSIC/ ART'S HONOUR ROLL SOCIETY" A THRU M


***** "RCJ MUSIC/ ART'S HONOUR ROLL SOCIETY" N THRU Z




The Dresden Dolls- 'Girl Anachronism' ... Thanx to DRESDENDOLLS





Dresden Dolls- War Pigs (live) ... Thanx to JOED1517





The Dresden Dolls: "Missed Me" w/ Vau De Vire Society ... Thanx to PORTALBLUE




****************************************************************************

Image result for dresden dolls art

****************************************************************************

6 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

Now that's some wild stuff.

Ranch Chimp said...

Absolutely Bum! ... I mean, so many smaller crew's put so much heart and soul into their show's and music, that early time is probably some of the hardest working time of your career. I absolutely fell in love with that Sabbath cover when I first heard it, and actually never even thought of doing War Pigs on piano/ keyboard's ... but I do have a real nice lil keyboard system myself, so it was inspiring for sure!

Thanx for your voice Bum ....

Demeur said...

I must say RC you have the most eclectic taste in music I have every seen.

Sad thing is today so much music is the result of technicians and audio engineers.

Ranch Chimp said...

Well, I just love music Demeur, but yeah, I have quite a collection at home.

Thanx for your input here ....

jmsjoin said...

Now if you were talking Sabbath along with Deep Purple, Grand Funk, Alice Cooper, that is my style. I would say now your talking my language.

Ranch Chimp said...

I love them all Jim, got my first gig doing vocal's with a piece called "Highway Star" by Deep Purple, have Alice in here and Sabbath too ... but no Grand Funk .... YET that is : ) I love alot of their music as well.