Saturday, March 17, 2012

CHARLESTON with Django Reinhardt ... also featuring: Paul Whiteman and His Orchestra ... (For Thora & Millie)

Image result for django reinhardt charleston




This induction into the "RCJ MUSIC/ ART'S HONOUR ROLL SOCIETY" will be to take a look at the great music and dance of the "Roaring 20's" era. Of course Django Reinhardt is a favourite as well, so I also wanted to highlight his cover version of that great classic piece of music, the "Charleston" ! ... as well in the first video starting with Paul Whiteman and his Orchestra. Also I want to add, Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi was heavily influenced by Django Reinhardt, as well as Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page . Even though as I have posted my first record's (45 RPM's) that I ever owned as a kid and music inspiration were "James Brown" record's ... my actual first hunger for music had to come from as a kid hearing music like this, and what outstanding jazz came out of the era! ... I think the dancing really kept them in shape physically no doubt in them dayz. I also wanted to dedicate this to Thora my grandma and her sister Millie, who I was pretty close to as a kid, and this was their music for dance and party type stuff.

It must have been a really great era in American history too! I also inherited a personal hard cover diary from their young year's I still have and read to this day, that was wrote back when they were young (way before I was even born) ... and reading about life for these gal's back then was really something ... especially their fun filled lives, boyfriend's/ date's ... the parties, speakeasy's, poker game's, fashion's, etc ... I mean a person today may wonder how much fun could a world be without the tele's/ satellite radio/ I-tunes, computer's, and digitally enhanced music and visual's, etc? But obviously from their writing's/ diaries ... they had a blast! One thing that really surprised me was how liberated women of that era were ... I mean, I hear of the feminist's movement of today ... but women like Thora and Millie were really liberated young ladies in their day and their girlfriend's ... some of the thing's I read about in their diaries made me realize just how liberated in thought women of that era were too.

.... and HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!




"Charleston" Paul Whiteman Orchestra (1925) James P. Johnson HISTORIC Roaring 1920s flapper dance ... Thanx to Tim Gracyk





Charleston- Django Reinhardt ... Thanx to IRRRIS1I3NT





****************************************************************************

Related image

****************************************************************************

No comments: